One of my favorite blogs had this post this past week – The Race™-Approved White Guys.
Race™-sanctioned—any Black female performer can be seen with these
white performers and know she’s doing right by Us™. Our criteria:
- We know they’ve dated, are dating, are married to, have and/or have
babies by Black women. (Having Black or Black biracial daughters,
adopted or biological, is an added bonus. ‘Cause, as some of us wanna
believe, if the white guy can touch/sex up/adopt/father a sistah, they
can not possibly be…well, you know the rhetoric.)
- They can actually have performing-arts skills. (This leaves out Kevin “K-Fed” Federline.)
- They’re famous in their own right. (This kinda sorta leaves out
Gabriel Aubry. Some early men-watchers know him as a model. But many
more know him for siring Halle Berry’s baby. If you don’t believe us,
say Aubry’s name and “model.” Then say Aubry’s name and “Halle Berry’s
baby’s daddy.” Record the results.)
- We get the 6th Sense* that they’ve been with sistahs but aren’t talking about it.
- We sistahs have sensed the sexual tension between these dudes and the sistahs on-screen.
- They’re not Justin Timberlake.
I don't know…I've known plenty of White adoptive fathers who still have racist views towards Black women and men. In fact, I don't agree with the idea that just having a black or biracial daughter, adopted or not, gives white man a pass.
ETA: I guess the adopting-black-kids part was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek and part of the humor of the post. Maybe it's my post grad-year dementia, but I didn't get that part of the humor when I read this post!!!