One of my mini-goals has been to get back into blogging, both here and at my other blog. But after such a long absence, it’s kind of like facing a blank page with no idea where to begin. Where does a person even begin to try to recap?!? I have been procrastinating until I had coffee with a colleague I admire who mentioned my blog, and that has inspired me to start up again. It’s not that I have nothing to say, anyone who knows me knows I can’t stop talking about child welfare and adoption. Maybe it’s that I have SO much to say, I just don’t even know where to begin.
I thought maybe what might help me get back into the groove would be to create a list of topics that I want to write about now that the hectic academic year is winding down, so here it is – my list of topics that I’ll hopefully be writing about over the next couple of months while on my summer schedule.
- What I’ve been researching and writing about
- Adoption and child welfare related books and articles that have inspired or interested me
- News stories related to adoption I have some opinions about
- My virtual Adoption and Permanency syllabus (based on a course I developed for MSW students with some additional thoughts and resources)
- Updating my resource page
So for the few folks still checking back, “hello!” I hope all has been well in your worlds!